Whip Up Excitement for Your Amazing New Book
You’ve done the hard work of writing your amazing book and are on the way to having it published. In anticipation of your publication date, you will want to plan a book launch party. Here are some of the reasons why:
- It’s a celebration
- It’s an opportunity to get publicity for your book
- You can partner with a non-profit and raise money on their behalf (and get in front of their audience)
- Get people talking about your book
- A way to have fun
- It’s a photo op (you can get lots of people holding up your book)
- An excellent way to thank people who helped you get your book published
- You can sell books!
The Keys To A Successful Book Launch Party
- Plan ahead (3-6 months before your book is ready)
- Pick a team to help you
- Pick a theme
- Reserve a venue
- Create a budget for your party
- Plan for refreshments
- Get the word out (calls, email, snail mail, social media)
- Invite local media to attend
- Designate someone on your team or hire someone to take photos and video at the event
- Order plenty of books so you have them available for the big day
- Plan to sign books (bring pens)
- Be prepared to sell your book
- Have fun
Make Your Launch Special
Get creative and find ways to tie your party theme to your book. This works for fiction and non-fiction. One of my friends, Patricia V. Davis, had a spectacular book launch party that featured live music, delicious chocolates and sparkling wine, a contest for the best diva costume and selected readings and stories from and about her book, The Diva Doctrine, 16 Universal Principles every Woman Needs to Know.
Celebrate, have fun and raise awareness about your book. Give a great party and people will enjoy themselves and talk about it to their friends. They will share photos on Facebook and spread the word about your book.
A party is also a way to acknowledge yourself and your team for all the work you’ve put into publishing an amazing book.
Watch and share this 2 minute video about the positive impact you can make with a book launch party.
Have a story to share about your book launch? Include it in the comments section below.