What is a Video Business Card?
A video business card is a short movie that show you speaking about a topic of interest to your audience. Ideally, a clip lasting 30 – 90 seconds is best for this format.
Why Use a Video Business Card?
YouTube is one of the top search engines. Many people go there first, before searing on Google when looking for information and solutions to their problems. More and more often people are viewing media on their computers instead of on traditional television screens, so showing up where people are looking gives you an advantage.
People like stories. Show, tell, don’t sell. A video clip lets people see who you are and get to know you quickly.
Who Can Benefit from Having a Video Business Card?
- Retail Businesses
- Health Care Providers
- Real Estate Professionals
5 Tips for Making Your Video Business Card
- Plan what you want to say
- Rehearse in front of a mirror
- Focus on what you want people to take away from this experience
- Shoot in a quiet location
- Be sure there is adequate light so you are visible
Tools for Making Your Video Business Card
- You can record your movie using a smart phone (iPhone, Android), a Flip type video cam, or the built-in camera in your laptop or monitor.
- Edit with the built in tools for each device or use Movie Maker (PC) or iMovie (Mac) to enhance and edit your movie.
- Upload to YouTube.
- Share your video via your web site, Facebook, Twitter.